Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pinteresting: Pan-Roasted Chicken

I tried out this recipe for Father's Day.



Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans

 

We didn't have any lemons so I just left those out, and I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of breasts with the skin and bones. And I added a little rosemary.

This dish was super easy. I love that I only dirtied one bowl and one pan. I baked it in my cast iron skillet (which I LOVE).





We loved the taste of this dish. The bad news is: the chicken was pretty dry, and I wasn't crazy about the texture of the green beans. The good news is: the potatoes were sooo good.

I think the chicken would have been more moist if I hadn't used the boneless skinless breasts, but we aren't crazy about the skin and bones around here. So next time I think I'll try covering the pan with foil to see if that helps. I imagine it might improve the beans too.

Overall I really liked this dish. I'm definitely going to try it again.

No comments: