Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pinteresting: Banana Ice Cream

"Ice Cream" made only from bananas that tastes and feels just like the real thing? Sounds too good to be true. But I couldn't resist giving it a try.


Come Together Kids: Banana "Ice Cream"


This stuff was super easy. Just cut up some ripe bananas, freeze, then stick them in the food processor until smooth and creamy.


The girls loved this stuff. Mr. Domestic and I were less impressed. It was kinda slimy (like mushed up bananas...) but not a deal-breaker. It also had a bit of a bite to it at the end. If you've ever accidentally taken a bite out of a banana peel or eaten a not-yet-ripe-enough banana, you'll know what I'm talking about. I think if my bananas had been more ripe it might bite so much. I don't think there is anything you can do about the slimy.


The good news is my girls loved it. They didn't notice and slime or bite, so I'm definitely going to make it for them again.


I'd like to try it with really ripe bananas and maybe add some chocolate and or nuts and or brownies :) to see if I can make it a little tastier. It's definitely not ice cream, but if I could get it a little closer, the trade-offs would be totally worth it.

No comments: