My mantle, I mean entertainment center, has been evolving a bit. I finally got rid of the Christmas tree and brought back the fabric leaves, and I've been looking for something new to go in that blue bowl in the right corner. The jute pears were a little to big to look good, and I'd like to use the Easter eggs I made last year elsewhere.
In the spirit of not buying things, I decided to use this ball made from crochet thread and glue that I had left over from a previous project. It happened to fit perfectly inside my bowl. If you don't already have one laying around, it would be much easier to go and buy a styrofoam ball or other round object.
I began attaching the flowers with hot glue, starting at the top.
I used scraps left from making the flowers and tucked them in the spaces between flowers, so that the crochet thread wouldn't peak through the gaps.
The scraps also ensured that light wouldn't shine through from one side of the ball to the other.
There were a few gaps around the bottom of the bouquet when I finished.
I cut out some leaves and folded them in half to tuck under the flowers and hide any remaining gaps...
I have to say it turned out better than I had hoped.
And the yellow flowers are so light and springy. Too bad it's currently snowing outside....
I'm sharing this project at: