Monday, April 18, 2011

It’s Raining… It’s Pouring (and raining, and raining…)

 

It hasn’t stopped raining in days. We’re feeling a little hard pressed for non-TV indoor activities around here. 

So… I introduced blanket forts into our lives. 

DSCN3016

(pretty cool fort huh?)

I’m still trying to decide whether or not it was a smart move. Sure, it was fun the first time, we piled in pillows and blankets and books and snacks, I finished making a hat, and it used up about an hour of our inside time.

DSCN3017

But now, any day we are at home and inside for any slightly significant amount of time, the little girl asks to make a fort. And unless I’m in there with her, she stays in it for about 5 minutes. Unless the TV is on, which totally defeats the purpose.

What’s a mom to do?

I guess I need to find a book to read….

1 comment:

running granny green said...

Love it! I'm glad to see the broken vacuum is good for something!