Thursday, March 4, 2010

St. Patty's Popcorn

I've so been busy lately making flowers for my Etsy Shop and dreaming up Easter projects (coming soon) and chasing a little girl around, and I realized I forgot all about St. Patty's Day. Which is a shame, because I love the color GREEN. Unfortunately, all that GREEN and GOLD, probably doesnt jive with a lot of home decor... I was having a hard time coming up with anything festive and UNridiculous. So I figure if I can't decorate with all that GREEN... I'll EAT it! I'm thinking of making dinner on St. Patty's completely GREEN. Still brainstorming that... but for now, here's a yummy and festive treat that's fun and easy:

My Mom's Oven Jello Popcorn

This would be great for any time of year because it can be made in and flavor/color combination, but Lime Jello is perfect for St. Patty's

8 c. Popped Corn
1/4 c. Margarine (I used butter)
4 Tbs. Light Corn Syrup
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3oz. Package Jello

Mix Butter and syrup over Low heat. Add sugar and Jello. Bring to a Boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over popped corn and mix well (work quickly, things get pretty sticky from here on out). Spread on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake 300 degrees for 8 minutes. Loosen from pan immediately and break apart when cooled.

No comments: