Friday, September 24, 2010

My New Favorite Recipe


This stuff is so good! Very light and yummy, but totally filling and good for you (dad would call it "rabbit food"). I have had it three times this week.... The recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
2 2/3 C dried pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
1 medium onion (I used green onions)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
3 C coarsely chopped, seeded tomato
4 C arugula (I used spinach)
Salt and pepper
1/4 C Gorgonzola or Parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan)
1/4 C pine nuts or almonds (we liked it better w/o the almonds, haven't tried the pine nuts yet)
Cook pasta. In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in olive oil. When onion is tender, add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are warm and release their juices. Add spinach and cook until it starts to wilt. Top pasta with tomato mixture and sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
Today, I decided to forgo the pasta, and just ate the spinach and tomatoes in a bowl with a slice of bread. Yum.

2 comments:

running granny green said...

Very attractive presentation! Love the dishes.

Marie O. said...

Thanks! They're cute, but I have to say I pretty much hate them. Because they're ceramic, they warped. And because they're square, they now wobble. ugh!